MLC 2006 CONFIRMITY DECLARATION
- Company does not recruit seafarers younger than 18 years.
- Company treats all seafarer as customers and does not charge
seafarers for recruitment costs, although own seafarer costs
of travel to the office while they are applying for employment are not refunded .
- Costs of basic seaman's documents i.e. passport, national Polish seaman's book, STCW documents appropriate to the rank -
remain sefarer's costs. Company may however consider reimbursement of these costs at own discretion .
- Company makes sure that shipowners have the means to protect
seafarers from being left unattended in foreign port.
- Our Client's (Employers/ Ow11ners ) undertake
to insure fully with P&I Club all seafarers on board
since their home departure till their repatriation
to their home airport/town. Furthermore, to effect
coverage for industrial injury and death as per the
terms of the employment agreement.
- Company offers to seafarer's families all possible advises
they may need (within legal possibilities and not against seafarer's will )
and company guarantees that seafarer's families requests and information
addressed to seafarers will be passed to them at no cost without delay.
- Company does not create any mechanisms intended to prevent seafarers
from getting employment in accordance to their qualification.
- On-board complaint procedure form (including required contact details)
is always handed over to seafarer before his joining vessel.
- Company makes sure that seafarer will have a chance to read
and get familiar with all condition of seafarer contract of employment
agreement before signing.
- Company has a complaint procedure in place for handling of seafarer complaints.
Seafarer complaint form shall be made available on company website and shall form
part of company MLC 2006 compliance statement.
- Company informs the seafarer about possibilities of voluntary
contribution to Polish national social security system and inform
seafarers whether they covered by other country social security
system prior signing seafarer employment agreement.
- Employment on board of vessels flying the flag of the state,
which did not ratify the MLC 2006 shall be notified to seafarer
and possible problems clearly identified.
- Company reserves its right to report to appropriate
authorities in Poland cases of significant incompetence,
criminal acts and serious breaches of discipline during
the seafarer's employment period. Reporting can be done
after thorough case study only.
© 2005-2020 Reliance Partners Ltd.